- Collection and Use of Non-personal Data. If you browse a Website without creating a user account or purchasing any services, you do so anonymously. We do not collect your e-mail address or other personal information. We do log your IP address (the internet address of your computer) to tell us which parts of our Website you are visiting or using. We do not link your IP address to anything personally identifiable; however, we use Google Analytics to track the state and/or country you are accessing the internet from, the date and time you visited and the type of computer, operating system and web browser you are using. Your browser supplies us and Google with this information. We use this information from our server logs to learn more about our visitors as a group, not about you as an individual. The information helps us identify overall usage patterns and trends on the site.
- THIRD PARTY ANALYTIC TOOLS. Carton Council may work with third party service providers such as Google Analytics to log and track this information on behalf of Carton Council. These third party analytic tools may also collect and use this non-personal information in accordance with their respective privacy policies and terms and conditions.
- Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information. Carton Council may collect the following personally identifiable information from registered users.
- Contact information that you provide to us, such as your name, title and organization, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address.
- Contact information obtained via other companies’ marketing lists.
Carton Council may use this information to provide services to its members. Carton Council will not sell personally identifiable information to any third party.
- Aggregated Data. Carton Council may take personal and business information and aggregate data so that it is no longer identifiable. Carton Council may use this information to enhance the features of its content, products and services. Carton Council will take reasonable precautions to ensure that such aggregated information does not contain any confidential or otherwise identifiable data that could be used to identify its source.
- Removing or Updating Personal Information. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, or if you would like us to delete personal information collected by Carton Council, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information. Carton Council may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) satisfy a legal order or comply with legal process; (b) defend the rights of Carton Council or its affiliates or business partners; or (c) protect the personal safety of Carton Council employees, agents, affiliates, business partners, customers or Products users.
- Security. Carton Council uses reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures. Although we cannot guarantee that our systems are 100% secure 100% of the time, we periodically update our technology in order to improve the protection of customer information. The Website does not use a secure server to transmit sensitive data to and from our site. However, if you place an order online, our third-party service providers that collect or process credit card information for online orders do use secure servers. Be sure not to transmit any credit card or other financial or sensitive data through the Website unless you have first verified that the data is being submitted to our third-party service provider’s secure server.
- Contests and Sweepstakes. Carton Council may operate various promotions, including sweepstakes, giveaways and contests. To participate in such promotions, you will be required to provide Carton Council and/or its affiliates, with certain information necessary to enter you into the promotion and contact you if you win the promotion. The specific terms of each promotion, and the information collected in connection with such promotion, will be set forth in the relevant promotion rules and/or entry forms.
- COMMUNICATIONS TO Carton Council. Any information you provide to Carton Council, whether by email or otherwise, should not contain confidential information. With respect to all e-mails you send to us, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information. Carton Council does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the Services (hereinafter, “User Generated Content”), and is not in any manner responsible for the content of the User Generated Content. Carton Council reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be in violation of our Community Guidelines or is offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Carton Council in its sole discretion.
- COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS. Carton Council controls and operates the Website from its offices in the United States of America. Carton Council does not represent that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. All parties to these terms and conditions waive their respective rights to a trial by jury.
- Governing Law. This Policy, and Carton Council’s collection and use of customer information, shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States, the State of New York and Washington, D.C.